Fotopoulou, A. Forthcoming. Feminist Data Studies: big data, critique and social justice. SAGE Publications.
Fotopoulou, A. Forthcoming. Understanding citizen data practices from a feminist perspective: embodiment and the ethics of care. In Stephansen, H. and Trere, E. (eds) Citizen Media and Practice. Taylor & Francis/Routledge: Oxford.
Fotopoulou, A. Forthcoming. Citizen Media and Gender. In Baker, M., Blaagaard, B. and Pérez-González, L. (eds) The Routledge Encyclopedia of Citizen Media. New York: Routledge.
Fotopoulou, Aristea (2017) Feminist Activism and Digital Networks: Between Empowerment and Vulnerability Palgrave Studies in Communication for Social Change . Palgrave Macmillan UK, London, UK. ISBN 9781137504708
Peer reviewed articles
Fotopoulou, Aristea (2018) From networked to quantified self: Self-tracking and the moral economy of data In: Papacharissi, Zizi, ed. A Networked Self: Platforms, Stories, Connections. Routledge, New York. ISBN 97811387226752009
‘Translocal Connectivity and Political Identity: Brighton Queer Cultural Activism’ in Nico Carpentier, Pille Pruulmann-Vengerfeldt, Richard Kilborn, Tobias Olsson, Hannu Nieminen, Ebba Sundin and Kaarle Nordenstreng, (eds. ) Communicative approaches to politics and ethics in Europe. ISBN 978-9949-19-250-2.
- Gunnarsdottir, Kristrun and Strand, Roger and Stephens, Neil and O’Riordan, Kate and Fotopoulou, Aristea and Giampietro, Mario and Kovacic, Zora and Lemkow Zetterling, Louis and Di Masso Tarditti, Marina (2015) Reporting on the case study of synthetic meat:summary of findings and policy considerations. Lancaster University.
- Gunnarsdottir, Kristrun and Dijk, Niels van and Fotopoulou, Aristea and Guimarães Pereira, Ângela and O’Riordan, Kate and Rommetveit, Kjetil and Vesnic-Alujevic, Lucia (2015) Gadgets on the move and in stasis:consumer and medical electronics, what’s the difference? (summary of findings and policy recommendations). Lancaster University.
- 2014 Final Report Tracking biodata: Ownership & sharing, research placement output, RCUK DE NEMODE available here: AFotopoulou_Nemode End of Placement052014
- 2013 EPINET Deliverable D8.4, ‘Tracking biosensors: healthcare, wellbeing and newemerging markets’, co-authored with Kristrún Gunnarsdóttir; Brian Wynne; Kate O’Riordan; Niels van Dijk; Mireille Hildebrandt; Serge Gutwirth; Angela Peirera; Kjetil Rommetveit & Roger Strand.
- 2013 Research output – Scoping study report, Digital Economy ‘Communities and Culture’ Network+ (CCNetwork+): Literacy, Expertise & Knowledge Scoping Report. co-authored with Bassett, C., and Howland K.
Review of ‘Gender and Popular Culture’, by Katie Milestone and Anneke Meyer. Polity, 2012, in Gender, media & Cultural studies text book supplement, Times Higher Education, November 2012.
Media pieces (website/blog posts/journalistic/artwork)
- The Quantified Self community, lifelogging and the making of “smart” publics, Open Democracy,
- Digital storytelling for the V-Day campaign, GScene, March 2012, p. 67
- Cover artwork for Rethinking Sex, special issue of: GLQ: A Journal of Lesbian and Gay Studies, (Volume: 17, Issue: 1, edited by Ann Cvetkovich, Annamarie Jagose, Heather K. Love). January 2011.
- Digital lives and LGBT politics, GScene, January 2011, p.57
see also Aristea Fotopoulou on ResearchGate